Tuesday, June 27, 2017

First Day in Lab

The first day of lab was beyond my expectations. As usual, before anything I start, I have the tendency to overthink, and predicted that my day in the lab was going to be horrible. However, Dr. Patrick Sweeney gave us very simple explanation to the work that goes on in the Herbarium and also how the Collections are organized. Along with the mini-tour, we were also given a very warm welcome by the rest of the lab staff/interns. Today, Sandy (my lab partner) and I learned the process of organizing old species so that they can be documented into the collections. It was a very easy process, and was the equivalent to cataloging, except we were using Elmer's glue and a paper cutter. The task was much more hands on than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ramratanlokai@gmail.com

The Sunfish by Dylan Ramrattan

I think the Sunfish look the way it does because of the barbaric environment it has to live in. The sea is a crazy place. There are differen...