Friday, August 4, 2017

Sunfishes

I think the sunfish looks the way it looks because of the environment that it lives in. A lot of features that living organisms have depend on the temperature, pressure and amount of sunlight that they receive. While I'm not expert on fish, I have a feeling that the deep waters that the sunfish live in contribute to its appearance. Also, after looking how large the fish is, I can't help but assume that it is an older species since fish and generally all animals used to be much larger than they are today. Generally, I assume that new species are derivatives of older ones, and so on and so forth. We've all evolved from something to get to the present physical appearance that we have. In terms of survival, I don't think the sunfish are going to withstand much because of it's rarity. In the world we live in, creatures like the sunfish don't have to just worry about the natural occurrences that change their environment, but also man made ones. Not the mention, the amount of seals that are killing the sunfish without an apparent reason. I think that that occurrence might have to do with the fact that these seals are loosing their regular sources of nutrition, and instinctively know that they have to find news ones, however these new sources may not exactly look or taste the same as their original ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ramratanlokai@gmail.com

The Sunfish by Dylan Ramrattan

I think the Sunfish look the way it does because of the barbaric environment it has to live in. The sea is a crazy place. There are differen...