Friday, June 30, 2017

First Day in Lab

First Day in Lab 
Sandy Flores

On Tuesday, June 27 was my first day of interning with Dr. Patrick Sweeney and we gotta to learn the basics of the lab. I'm also working with Juhi, another intern who is an undergraduate college student in Clark University. We also work with other college students who gave us a warm welcome and Dr. Sweeney explained to us they were doing database. He showed us the herbarium and how they organized the collections. Dr. Sweeney started us with conservation process. It was similar to cataloging but we had to put old plants they cataloged on a new piece of paper using Elmer's glue and scissors or a paper cutter. I was very nervous of starting the internship that day because it was my very first internship and I didn't know what I was expecting. At the end of the day I felt very comfortable and excited what is to come in the future for this internship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ramratanlokai@gmail.com

The Sunfish by Dylan Ramrattan

I think the Sunfish look the way it does because of the barbaric environment it has to live in. The sea is a crazy place. There are differen...