Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Day 1 of my Internship


Day 1 of my Internship

Journal Entry #1

Today is Monday, June 26, 2017-- the 1st day of my internship and we went over what the internship will entail. Our schedule is a little complex, but here is what I remember about it. On Mondays, Ethan and I will be over at West Campus using 3D scanner. We have to scan 50 items and be able to post them on SketchFab. Tuesday we work on cataloging, photographing, and labeling. And I'm not sure of what Wednesdays will entail.

I'm excited about this part of the internship. It was fun to practice all the different scanning, and to trim and align. I also like working with Ethan. He's a cool kid who understands a lot/ knows about science. I think it'll be fun working alongside him on future projects. Today we worked with ScanStudio, a software that allowed us to trim, align, and attach the scans. Next Engine was the instrument we used to scan and the website we will complete all of our scans on will be SketchFab.com.

The only thing I am concerned about is the Dr. Susan Butts wants our research poster to focus on the food chain of Western Interior Seeway. I'm just unsure of how we will be able to form our claim and such. I guess we will find that out another day. I think what Dr. Susan Butts and everyone else is doing is great. They want to design a website where teachers can show their classes stuff about paleo and it not be confusing. The interface and terms on IDIGPALEO are hard to follow, so they want something easier.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate how excited and interested you are about your research. Your internship seems to be very active but busy. It doesn't seem like you'll be bored because you two are always in some type of different lab. I could feel your excitement by the words you are typing!

    ReplyDelete

ramratanlokai@gmail.com

The Sunfish by Dylan Ramrattan

I think the Sunfish look the way it does because of the barbaric environment it has to live in. The sea is a crazy place. There are differen...