Monday, July 10, 2017

Importance of what I am doing

I am working at West Campus in Vertebrate Zoology and what we are doing is moving specimens from old cabinets to new ones. By doing this I am helping them for the future in making these specimens much easier to access and get information from. We are also making them in alphabetical order which makes things much easier when trying to find them. Something else we are doing is cleaning the specimens. There are specimens that are filled with bugs and others that are very dusty and what we are doing is cleaning them for they can last longer and be useful in the future when they are needed to identify or help with something. I may not be doing research with my PI to figure out things at the moment but helping my PI preserve the specimens that have been there for years will help many for future research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ramratanlokai@gmail.com

The Sunfish by Dylan Ramrattan

I think the Sunfish look the way it does because of the barbaric environment it has to live in. The sea is a crazy place. There are differen...